San Jacinto Valley Academy
On June 9, 1997, San Jacinto Valley Academy was approved as a charter school by the San Jacinto Unified School District approved. On September 5, 1997 the school was opened starting with sixty-seven students, K-8 grade. In 2005, the school enrolled its first 9th grade class and added an additional grade level each year after. San Jacinto Valley Academy has full accreditation from Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), staffed with fully credentialed teachers, and in 2009-10 was officially authorized as an International Baccalaureate World School, providing the IB Diploma Program. More information about San Jacinto Valley Academy can be found here.
In August 2011, SJVA launched an after school Aviation Club for 6th through 12th grade students. The club continues to meet one hour a week after school and hold an annual summer Aviation program. The club focuses on the many aspects of aviation and serves to inspire and exposure students to pursue post-secondary education and careers in the field of aviation. To learn more see the Aviation Club page.
In September of 2017, SJVA offered for the first time as an aviation high school elective class. Aviation 101 serves to equip students with the necessary knowledge and endorsement to pass the FAA Private Pilot Knowledge Exam and prepare them towards earning their Private Pilot certificate. In addition, this course serves to inspire and expose students to the many post-secondary education and career opportunities in the aviation field. To learn more see the Aviation 101 page.
EAA Young Eagle Flights
“The EAA Young Eagles Program was developed in 1992 to welcome young people into the world of aviation. Aviation is exciting and vital to our nation’s future and the best way to convey that message is to actually experience flight in a first-hand setting” (EAA Young Eagles). To date, 19 students from SJVA have participated in a free Young Eagle Flights from an EAA member. The Young Eagle Flights have been documented on can the “Recent Post” page.
Executive Flight Institute (EFI), located at French Valley Airport generously offers SJVA’s Aviation 101 students a discount rate on flight instruction in their Cessna 150.
Support SJVA Aviation
There are three ways in which you can support SJVA’s Aviation Program:
- Provide donations, grants, scholarships for flight training, instructional supplies, classroom technology, field trips, etc.
- San Jacinto Valley Academy is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization.
- Provide students with opportunities to experiences various aviation careers in their actual environment.
- Guest speakers inside the classroom to expose, inspire, and teach students about the various aspects and fields in aviation.
- Phil Anady
- Private Pilot, Advance Ground Instructor, Remote Pilot Certificate, Special Subjects Teaching Credential – Aviation Ground Instructor
- (951) 654-6113
- Tom Evans
- Airline Transport Pilot, Certified Flight Instructor – Instrument (CFII), Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) mechanic